These cookies are soft, fragrant, and buttery, with a fabulous and luxurious flavor!
Yields: 30 cookies
Preheat oven: 350 ºF
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Bake Time: 9 Minutes
- 3/4 teaspoon rosemary, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon lavender, chopped
- 2 heaping tablespoons honey
- 1 ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups unsalted “sweet cream” butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar, plus more for garnish
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 2/3 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Combine the sugar, honey, and butter. Mix them together really well.
- Add the lavender, rosemary, egg yolks, and vanilla. Mix everything together again, making sure it’s all combined.
- Add the sifted flour, salt, and baking powder to the wet ingredients. Stir everything together until it’s all combined. You do not want to over-stir. The dough will be sticky and a little wet.
- Dump the dough onto a piece of parchment paper or cling wrap. Form the dough into a log about 1 ½ inch in diameter.
- Freeze for about a half-hour.
- Remove dough from the freezer, slice 1/2 inch thick. Or roll the dough out on a floured surface and cut with cookie cutters for perfectly round cookies.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 350 ºF for 9 minutes or when the sides start to turn golden but not brown.
- Place the cookies on a cooling rack for a few minutes.
Recipe from Edible Ventures.