Made with lavender simple syrup and homemade lemonade muddled with mint, these Lavender Lemonade Mojitos are the prettiest color and make for the perfect summer cocktail.
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, from 4-7 lemons
- 1 small bunch mint
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup light rum
- 3/4 cup lavender simple syrup (recipe below)
Lavender Simple Syrup Ingredients
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup dried lavender
- In a pitcher, muddle mint leaves with lemon juice until well combined.
- Add water, rum, and 3/4 cup chilled lavender simple syrup. Stir.
- Pour drink into ice-filled glasses.
Lavender Simple Syrup Instructions
- Put sugar, water, and dried lavender in a medium saucepan, stir, and bring to a boil.
- Once the mixture comes to a boil, lower to a simmer and let simmer for about 10 minutes, until it thickens.
- Turn off the heat, cover the saucepan, and let steep for about an hour.
- Push syrup through a mesh sieve to strain out lavender buds and into an airtight container.
- Place in the fridge to cool.
Recipe from “We Are Not Martha” blog.